Thursday, May 28, 2009

São Paulo bound

In two days time I'll take the train from Manhattan to Newark and board a plane to São Paulo, my home for most of the summer. My intent is to experience the culture of São Paulo, to the best of my ability. To do this, I'll need to learn the language, Portuguese. With the help of a foreign language study grant from the U.S. federal government, I will spend my mornings at the Fast Forward language school. (I'm not sure I like the idea of fast forwarding through any part of my stay in Brazil, even the learning of verb tenses.)

I hope to keep this blog as a repository and reflecting pool for my experiences with culture and  a way to keep in touch with all of you. 

Ate breve (see you soon)!

(The photo is from Tony de Marco and accompanied an article on São Paulo's move to ban all advertising in the cityscape. Read more from Business Week)


No comments:

Post a Comment